Facts Everyone Should Know About Bimbo Akintola
Veteran Nollywood actress Bimbo Akintola needs little or no introduction. The beautiful actress who hit the limelight after featuring in the movie Out Of Bonds, has churned out many hit projects and snagged several awards.
Here are 8 facts about Bimbo Akintola
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About Lilian Esoro
1. She was born on May 5. Her father is from Oyo State and her mother is from Edo State.
2. She bagged a degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Ibadan.
3. Bimbo began acting in 1995 in the movie “Owo Blow.” She hit the limelight following her performance in “Out of Bonds.” On how she began acting, Bimbo, in an interview revealed how she started acting.
In her words;
My mum told me I had always been dramatic, since I was very young. So maybe it began from that time. She said one way or the other, I was always involved in acting. When I was in secondary school, I was also into dancing and at a point, I joined the choir, even though I didn’t stay long. I don’t think any profession would have appealed to me apart from acting. Even the other things I do, like singing, writing poems, etc., are hobbies. Acting is one thing I’m extremely passionate about. When I chose Theatre Arts as the course I wanted to study in University of Ibadan, my dad didn’t understand it for a while. He just felt you can’t make money from doing stuffs like that. He felt why not go and study something else so I could have a degree I could fall back on. I was a stubborn child, so I said no, I must study Theatre Arts and I did. He finally agreed with me.
4. Bimbo performed almost every weekend at a place called Divine in Ikeja, alongside the late Jaiye Aboderin.
5. She believes no man is perfect. In a Bella Naija interview, the actress said, “Any woman that’s looking for Mr. Right will die single, old and wrinkled. There is no perfect man.”
6. She was the producer and director of the TV soap, “Circle of Three,” which aired for two years.
7. The actress dated actor Dede Mabiaku for 10 years.
8. She won the best actress award for “Heaven’s Hell,” at the 2015 Eko International Film Festival (EKOIFF).
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY