Facebook has finally joined the bandwagon of social media platforms with the exciting ‘Dark Mode’ as it adds the feature to its messenger. The social media platform joins others like “Twitter” who can boast of having this feature.
Although this new feature may not be active for all users just yet, it is most likely to be launched for everyone else soon. However, for now, if you want to activate it on your device (if you can), you have to use an in-app trick. Facebook hid its latest feature. But don’t worry, we’d tell you how to use this trick:
1. First, make sure your Messenger App is updated to the latest version.
2. Go to any chat and head into that particular conversation settings by tapping the person’s name.
3. Within the chat, change the chat emoji to the moon image, then head back to the chat and send that same moon image as a message to the person.
4. Immediately, you’d get a prompt that says “You’ve found dark mode”. And if you do not, then double-tap on the sent moon image (or tap it a couple of times in fact) until you see an apparent flood of moons fall down the screen, and then the prompt.
5. After getting the prompt, you can then head into your settings to activate it.
Follow these steps above, and you are ready to go on your dark mode chatting experience. Please note that this may not for all devices. Nevertheless, if it doesn’t work for you now, don’t worry; I’m sure Facebook would add this new feature to a new update very shortly.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY