What Is Electricity?
Electricity is a very powerful force of nature. Electricity can be found almost everywhere in the universe. Electrical forces hold water, metals, and all other kinds of matter together. You can walk and run because electric signals that go through your nerves from your brain to your muscles. These signals tell your muscles where and when to move.
Electricity also makes many machines work. It’s because of electricity that bulbs light up and runs cars, fans, televisions, and other appliances. The device you are using right now works because of electricity.
Where Does It Come From?
Electricity starts with atoms. Atoms have two main parts: a center or nucleus, and electrons that orbit or go around the nucleus. Electricity comes from electrons. You cannot see electrons and, thus, you cannot see electricity. You can only see and feel what electricity can do because of electric charge and electric energy.
Benefits of Electricity
- Electricity is very easy to distribute and transport from one place to another for power generation.
- Thanks to the power of electricity, we can now improve our our overall performance due to the wide range of devices and machines that facilitate our activities in the offices, home and other places.
- This is also the most accessible source of energy available in today’s societies.
- With the power from electricity, you can light up the world via streetlights, homes and even remote locations.
- It is also very useful to improve communicating around the world through the use of telecommunication devices.
Be Careful Though
- Electricity that is obtained through coal plants, nuclear power plants and other means, usually releases certain chemical compounds and substances that are harmful to the environment.
- Because of its increasing demand and supply, hundreds of natural habitats in the ecosystem can be destroyed due to the space needed to produce more of it.
- There are lots of people who use electricity in either harmful or unhealthy ways. This can be a great environmental problem especially when they are obtained from non-renewable sources.
- We have become very dependent on electrical energy and in case of a massive cut everything would become chaotic.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY