We’ve all picked up habits throughout the course of our lives. The question of whether they are good or bad comes down to how they make us feel. When we find ourselves do something over and over again and yet hate ourselves for doing it, then that thing can be considered a bad habit.
No matter how good a bad habit feels, it is necessary to get rid of it so that it doesn’t cause us problems in the long run. In order to form good habits that will help you build the life you so desire, here are some quotes to draw inspiration from.
1. “Make no mistake about it. Bad habits are called ‘bad’ for a reason. They kill our productivity and creativity. They slow us down. They hold us back from achieving our goals. And they’re detrimental to our health.” – John Rampton
2. “Acknowledging the unproductive thoughts and ineffective behavior that you’ve tried to ignore can be uncomfortable. But, stepping out of your comfort zone and choosing to proactively address bad habits will skyrocket your ability to create long-lasting change.” – Amy Morin
3. “Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.” ―Stephen Covey
4. “I have learned that champions aren’t just born; champions can be made when they embrace and commit to life-changing positive habits.” ―Lewis Howes
5. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.’ ” ―Wayne Dyer
6. “The only proper way to eliminate bad habits is to replace them with good ones.” – Jerome Hines
7. “Habits are safer than rules; you don’t have to watch them. And you don’t have to keep them either. They keep you.” ―Frank Hall Crane
8. “Change might not be fast and it isn’t always easy. But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.” – Charles Duhigg
9. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” – Colin Powell
10. “Habit is a cable; we weave a thread each day, and at last we cannot break it.” ―Horace Mann
11. “If you pick the right small behavior and sequence it right, then you won’t have to motivate yourself to have it grow. It will just happen naturally, like a good seed planted in a good spot.” ―BJ Fogg
12. “The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.” ―Samuel Johnson
13. “Successful people aren’t born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don’t like to do.” ―William Makepeace Thackeray
14. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell
15. “The secret to permanently breaking any bad habit is to love something greater than the habit.” ―Bryant McGill
Were you inspired to break your bad habits? Tell us in the comment section below.