One of the hallmarks of many successful people is that they read books. They also never fail to mention how it has impacted their lives. Indeed, reading is a necessary habit everyone should adopt.
Reading books is a great way to learn from several great minds and understand the world from different perspectives. In addition to this, reading also makes you smarter by improving your vocabulary and developing your analytical skills.
There is every reason why you should become an avid reader today! These quotes below will help uou form the habit of reading regularly:
1. Children need to get a high-quality education, avoid violence and the criminal-justice system, and gain jobs. But they deserve more. We want them to learn not only reading and math but fairness, caring, self-respect, family commitment, and civic duty. – Colin Powell
2. Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. – Charles W. Eliot
3. The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries. – Rene Descartes
4. What better occupation, really, than to spend the evening at the fireside with a book, with the wind beating on the windows and the lamp burning bright. – Gustave Flaubert
READ ALSO: Every Book James Patterson Has Written
5. The pleasure of reading a story and wondering what will come next for the hero is a pleasure that has lasted for centuries and, I think, will always be with us. – Stan Lee
6. Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author’s words reverberating in your head. ― Paul Auster
7. Read. Everything you can get your hands on. Read until words become your friends. Then when you need to find one, they will jump into your mind, waving their hands for you to pick them. And you can select whichever you like, just like a captain choosing a stickball team. — Karen Witemeyer
8. It’s not that I don’t like people. It’s just that when I’m in the company of others – even my nearest and dearest – there always comes a moment when I’d rather be reading a book. – Maureen Corrigan
9. If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood. – John Green
11.Reading was a joy, a desperately needed escape — I didn’t read to learn, I was reading to read. ― Christian Bauman
12. Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author’s words reverberating in your head. ― Paul Auster
13. I owe everything I am and everything I will ever be to books. ― Gary Paulsen
14. No matter who you are, no matter where you live, and no matter how many people are chasing you, what you don’t read is often as important as what you do read. ― Lemony Snicket
15. One of the greatest gifts adults can give—to their offspring and to their society—is to read to children. —Carl Sagan
How many of these reading quotes did you like? Let us know in the comment section below.