Once upon a time, long before the Internet came to be, the only way for a single to meet people was to leave the house and interact with other humans. Yes, and it worked for them.
So today, you’ll have different tips on how to meet someone new which definitely includes leaving your house. Because to be honest, the person will not come and knock on your door. And forget Nollywood, they do not live on your street either.
Here’s are the 10 places to meet people.
- Check Out What Events Your Friends Are Attending And Go: This one is simple and does not need plenty of stories. This is a great way to find out what’s going on and to get outside your comfort zone, without having to show up somewhere completely alone.
- Always Go To Friends’ Parties: If any of your friends are throwing a party for anything, you should go. Birthday, Wedding, Hangout etc. Whatever it is, get yourself up and move.
- Volunteer Your Time: Volunteering is great and that’s not just because you’re giving back. You’re also putting yourself in a group of like-minded individuals. Look for a cause you care about and volunteer there. You’ll be surprised at who you’ll see and meet. At the very least, you’ll make friends.
- Talking With Strangers: I know, I know. But if you think about it, your future boo is still a stranger to you. So how will you meet if you do not talk to strangers eh? To leave the single lane, you have to talk to a ‘stranger’. Just like those romantic comedies you watch.
- Take A Class: Even if you haven’t been to school in years, you can always learn something new. Sign up for different classes OFFLINE. You remember how it was so easy to meet people when you were in school? You can do that again.
- Agree To Be Set Up: You are single to stupor, a friend wants to hook you up but you are forming. Who do you think you are doing? If a friend wants to set you up, please go for it. Your friends know you well enough to know what type of person you are and the kind of person you like. So stop rolling your eyes and accept.
- Become A ‘Regular’ Somewhere: There’s something about being regular someplace you’re comfortable in and I do not mean your home. A place that gives you the confidence to talk to people. So find your favourite cafe, bar, bookstore, restaurant, or place to listen to live music and see how it feels to become a regular there.
- Do More Things Alone: When you’re with your friends it can be intimidating for someone to come up to you, but when you are alone, it’s easier for someone to approach you. If you’re shy about going out alone, take a book or a journal at first, and take small steps to get comfortable.
- Don’t skip office hangouts: Even if you will never date any of your coworkers, you never know who they might invite, from outside the office. So if a coworker invites you to go to someplace else after work, join them.
- Remember you are the definition of hotness: Like the popular saying, ‘If you do not give them, how will that take it’ How can you keep all of that hotness in one place and not show the world. You have to decide from today that no matter what, at least every week, you must show the world what a hot date you are.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY