Ellen DeGeneres is one of the most famous comedians in the world. She has been in the business for over 30 years and knows what it takes to make people laugh. She is also has a great perspective of life and never fails to share them with her audience members or other celebrities.
That’s why I’ve compile 15 funny and amazing quotes by her that will help you not to take life too seriously and at the same time, gain insights.
1. People always ask me, ‘Were you funny as a child?’ Well, no, I was an accountant.” – Ellen DeGeneres
3. “Accept who you are unless you’re a serial killer.” – Ellen DeGeneres
4. “It’s our challenges and obstacles that give us layers of depth and make us interesting. Are they fun when they happen? No. But they are what make us unique. And that’s what I know for sure… I think.” – Ellen DeGeneres
5. “If someone says you’re weird, say Thank You.” – Ellen DeGeneres
6. “If someone says you’re weird, say Thank You.” – Ellen DeGeneres
7. “I think people talk too much anyway. Sometimes people are talking to me and in my mind I’m just like “shut up, shut up, shut up…blah blah blah blah blaaaaah.” – Ellen DeGeneres
8. “Never follow anyone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. Then by all means follow that path.” – Ellen DeGeneres
9. “Laugh as much as you can. Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh. Keep doing it even if people are passing you on the street saying, ‘I can’t tell if that person is laughing or crying, but either way they seem crazy, let’s walk faster.’ Emote. It’s okay. It shows you are thinking and feeling.” – Ellen DeGeneres
10. “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.” – Ellen DeGeneres
11. “Most comedy is based on getting a laugh at somebody else’s expense. And I find that that’s just a form of bullying in a major way. So I want to be an example that you can be funny and be kind, and make people laugh without hurting somebody else’s feelings.” – Ellen DeGeneres
13. “You are never too old to play. You are only too old for low-rise jeans.” – Ellen DeGeneres
14. “We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.” – Ellen DeGeneres
15. “Yeah [I’m thirty-six], but on the show I’m thirty-two. Nobody wants to watch a thirty-six year old woman, so they decided to make me thirty-two. Much more appealing somehow.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Did you like these Ellen DeGeneres quotes? Tell us in the comment section below.