Barack Obama was the first black president of America. On top of that, he came back for a second term. Today, he is loved by many for his emotional and moving speeches. If there’s anything one can emulate from him, it is his drive to be successful.
Here are 12 Obama quotes that will move you succeed.
1. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
2. “We need to steer clear of this poverty of ambition, where people want to drive fancy cars and wear nice clothes and live in nice apartments but don’t want to work hard to accomplish these things. Everyone should try to realize their full potential.” – Barack Obama
3. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
4. “Focussing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realise your true potential.” – Barack Obama
5. “It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today.” – Barack Obama
READ ALSO: 50 Books Obama Thinks You Should Read
6. “You can’t let your failures define you – you have to let them teach you. You have to let them show you what to do differently next time.” – Barack Obama
7. “Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes,’ he said, his voice rising as applause and cheers mounted. ‘Shake it off. Stop complainin’. Stop grumblin’. Stop cryin’. We are going to press on. We have work to do.” – Barack Obama
8. “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.” – Barack Obama
9. “Change is never easy, but always possible.” – Barack Obama
10.”Keep exploring. Keep dreaming. Keep asking why. Don’t settle for what you already know. Never stop believing in the power of your ideas, your imagination, your hard work to change the world.” — Barack Obama
11. “Where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can’t, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes We Can.” — Barack Obama
12. “When times get tough, we don’t give up. We get up.” — Barack Obama
Did you like these Obama quotes? Tell us in the comment section below.