This post wants to give you 6 ways to be and remain at the top of your game. The game is called Confident, Classy and Trendy and we want you to play with winning in mind.
We all know that the way you dress impacts your confidence level, so why not win at this game by giving it the best you can? This can best be achieved by a look that’s the 6 simple steps below will give you.
- Wear what makes you comfortable: I mean this in the literal sense – if you aren’t comfortable with a piece of clothing because they seriously aren’t comfortable, then don’t wear them; it’s that simple. The main goal is to always wear items that make you feel happy and proud of who you are because when you look good, you feel good too.
- Knowing your body type: You should know exactly the type of body you have. There are 4 common ones and they are
- Apple (triangle downward)
- Banana, or straight (rectangular)
- Pear, spoon, or bell (triangle upwards)
- Find your style: Some people like dresses, others prefer denim on heels. Some like the corporate look. Whatever your style is, stick to it. If you do not know what your style is, think about clothes that you are comfortable and look good in. That is most likely your style signature.
- Dress for the occasion: For most parties and events, a dress code is usually listed and if it’s not, always fall on the dressy side as it’s much better to be overdressed than underdressed. Also finding out where it is and what time of day it is should be noted before deciding what to wear.
- Make sure trendy and comfortable go hand in hand: The trick to shopping is making sure that you find something trendy that you feel very confident in. Only wear things you really love and, more importantly, wear things that make you love how you feel.
- Emphasize your best features: If you have identified which body type you are, you should now consider what your best features are. Are they your pretty long legs? Or long neck and well-defined arms? Or maybe it is that waistline that’s your best feature? Whatever that is for you, identify it and dress accordingly. The key is knowing which clothing items to wear that highlight your best features while drawing attention away from those you don’t like.