I know hat the Nigerian hustle does not always have a slot for breakfast especially if you are an Adult. How to make money or get o your office on time is usually what is on your mind, more than food but we know that the days you have breakfast, you do better at work.
So, this post not only gives you 5 Nigerian dishes that are suitable for breakfast but they are also very quick to prepare. Just me when we say quick, we actually mean quick. and of course, filling.
- Ogi (Pap): Ogi is typically eaten with moin moin or akara and this is the perfect balance of carbs and protein for a healthy, filling breakfast. Pap is easy and quick to prepare while you can get moin-moin done the evening before or gotten from an eatery. Akara is your regular street snack and can be gotten in the early morning.
- Bread and Eggs: Bread and eggs are legit another power combo when talking about healthy Nigerian breakfast. To increase the health value of this meal, you should choose 100% whole grain or wheat bread as opposed to white bread. Try not to deep fry the eggs also. This meal does not take 10 minutes to prepare as long as you are not baking the bread yourself.
- Boiled Plantains and Stew: Plantains are a gift to us and we do not deserve them. You can enjoy them boiled in the morning with fish stew, beans or even egg. If you wake and put the plantain on the fire, I can rest assure you that it will be ready before you are done with your body cleaning.
- Salad: What else is easier to chow early in the morning than a salad that has been resting in the fridge from the night before. All you need to do is mix together with a little cream and you are ready to go. Different online restaurants can also have this delivered to your office with a smoothie.
- Golden Morn: We could not resist seeing as we are talking about a quick and filling meal for breakfast. If you do not know what Golden Morn is, we seriously cannot help you. Most Adults now had it for breakfast when they were children, what you might not have known is that it is an excellent source of fibre which will fill you quickly and keep hunger at bay for a long time. It also has iron