As an introvert, there are times you just want to be by yourself, remain in solitude, and take time off the noise around you. Contrary to what many believe, there is beauty in being alone. It is in those times of solitude that you can engage in self-reflection and do the things that really matter without any disturbance.
If you’re an introvert, here are some inspiring quotes to help you own your introversion. Even if you’re an extrovert, these quotes below will make you see the beauty in being alone sometimes.
1. “There is a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I’ve got to see my friends because I’m too content by myself.” ~ Drew Barrymore
2. “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” ~ Rollo May
3. “Don’t underestimate me because I’m quiet. I know more than I say, think more than I speak and observe more than you know.” ~ Michaela Chung
4. “A good rule of thumb is that any environment that consistently leaves you feeling bad about who you are is the wrong environment.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
5. “Introverts crave meaning so party chitchat feels like sandpaper to our psyche.” ~ Diane Cameron
6. “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.” Lana Del Rey
READ ALSO: How To Travel Solo: A Guide for Introverts
7. “Stay true to your own nature. If you like to do things in a slow and steady way, don’t let others make you feel as if you have to race. If you enjoy depth, don’t force yourself to seek breadth.” ~ Susan Cain
8. “Introverts are word economists in a society suffering from verbal diarrhea.” ~ Michaela Chung
9. “Introvert conversations are like jazz. Each player gets to solo for a nice stretch before the other player comes in and does his solo.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
10. “Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward.” ~Elliot Kay
11. For those of us who aren’t great with people, we figure that silence is always the safest bet. If you’re an introvert, you spend so much of your time wishing that other people would just shut the hell up that you figure you’re doing everyone a favor. – David Wong
12. “Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, something to judge.” ~ Paulo Coelho
Did you like these quotes? Tell us in the comment section below.