Boss Lady— /Baws LAY-dee/ is a confident and independent woman who takes charge of her life while some boss ladies are born naturally, some have to learn along the way.
If you are in the latter category, success means progress and in this post, we’re going to cover boss lady habits you should develop now.
- Write your to-do lists the night before: In the morning, one of the first things that crosses the mind of any human is what they have planned for the day. Now a boss lady does not just have in her head, she has it on paper the night before and the reason is when the list is written down, it already gives you the armour needed to kick start your day.
- Make SMART goals: Here’s the thing, Goals are an important factor in your success but not every goal is created equal. You should create SMART goals and SMART is an acronym that means: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound.
- Network: Upwardly mobile people don’t let opportunities to network slip through their fingers so make it a point to network with people at all levels within your company. Don’t skip out on opportunities as it knocks at the most unexpected times.
- Streamline your responsibilities: Learn to build a routine around the tasks that you have to do daily or weekly as this helps to streamline your day, provides structure and builds good habits.
- Make a budget: The plan is not to just make a budget but also stick to it. There is a saying by Dave Ramsey; a budget is you telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.
- Increase your vocabulary: How can you be considered a boss lady if your vocabulary is very low. Communication is important. It’s one of the most unmistakable traits of a successful woman.
- Know what is happening around you: Because who knows any boss lady that has no idea what is going on around her or the world she lives in. A boss woman would at least have some ideas.
- Rest like a Queen: When you think about your health, what comes to mind the most is food, exercising, consumption of enough water and they are all important, but many of us forget about one core thing: Sleep. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night is about making your health a priority.
Hope this post pushes you in the right direction to Nourish. Grow and Inspire other women to do the same.