For days now, rapper Zlatan Ibile has been all over the news following his arrest alongside Naira Marley in connection to internet fraud.
However, before Zlatan found his way into the news for such an offence, the rapper has made thousands happy with his music.
Here is all you need to know about Zlatan Ibile.
1. He was born Omoniyi Temidayo on November 28, 1995, and is a graduate of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta. He studied Business Administration.
2. He started his journey music from the church where he use to play the drums.
3. Zlatan first made news at the age of 19 when he emerged winner of the One Mic Campus Tour sponsored by Airtel Nigeria.
4.He introduced the Zanky dance back in 2018 and according to Trace TV the word Zanku means “Zlatan abegi no kill us”.
5. He has featured top artistes in the country in some of his records include Olamide, Davido, amongst a few others.
6. According to reports, Zlatan, after his secondary school education, would follow his friends to the studio out of boredom and in no time became more interested in music.
7. He first hit the limelight with his song My Body which featured rapper Olamide. The song became viral after Davido released a video of himself dancing to it.
8. He made news in 2018 after a video of him getting beaten by some hoodlums believed to be singer Segun Wire’s family, surfaced online. During an interview later that year, the rapper stated he was beaten for his decision not to help Segun as earlier promised.
“I don’t have much to say about the issue again because I have done what I needed to do. I have withdrawn my support. I just wanted to help him, but my image was tarnished. I withdrew because I just felt it is high time I lived my own life. I am still a young boy; I have younger ones and parents too that need help. I have yet to get to where I want to be; so, I just want to focus on myself for now.”
9. He has earned a couple of nomination since hitting our screens to include; City People Music Award for Rookie of the Year.
10. He was recently arrested by The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for his alleged involvement in internet fraud. The rapper was arrested alongside singer Naira Marley on Friday, May 10th. Issues started after Marley came online to support Yahoo Yahoo before proceeding to release a song surrounding the crime.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY