She hit our screens many years ago and has continued to release entertaining and educative contents.
Here are 12 things you should know about the actress.
- She acted in her first ever movie Unclad Wire in 1997. The movie was produced by Opa Williams. Funke played the part of a waitress.
- She played the role of Bisi, in the popular United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) sponsored sitcom, I Need To Know. The TV show ran for four years (1998 to 2001).
- Funke holds a degree in Mass Communication from Ogun State Polytechnic, now known as Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. Funke bagged her LLB degree from the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba.
- She hit the status of a superstar with her self-produced movie, Jenifa in 2009.
- Funke married Kenny Almaroof Oloyede in 2012, the marriage however ended in 2013.In August 2016, she tied the knot with Abdul Bello alias JJC in a private ceremony in London. Speaking on why he married his wife, JJC said;“I have to testify. God is great. I had a dream one night around Christmas 2012 that I will be married to Funke Aakindele and believing in the mighty God I trust, I approached and she didn’t believe me.
“A week of romance ended, we broke up and I wrote a song to send a message of what is to come.
“My God has never lied or lead me astray. A year later she had a calling to find me and so the story continues. The Master architect is at work.”
- In January 2015, Funke announced a TV series called Jenifa’s Diary. The series has since become a hit.
- She has starred in many Nollywood movies to include Maami; Omo Ghetto and Married But Living Single.
- Her mom is a medical doctor while her father a retired school principal.
- She has won several awards to include African Movie Academy Award (AMAA) for Best Actress in a Leading Role. Other awards include AfroHollywood Awards for Best Supporting Actress; Future Awards – Best Actress; Dynamix Awards – Best Actress; City People – Best Actress; City People – Best Movie of the Year for Jenifa, among others.
- She welcomed a set of twins in 2019 with husband JJC. Funke announced the great news on social media writing; “Thank you Lord. Oluwa e tobi (God is great), Mo je oruko titun (I am now being called a new name).”
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY