Even though daytime is important, nighttime is also an important part of the day. The bustle and hustle tend to calm down, the chaos is reduced and you are a bit more relaxed and ready to retire for the day.
Developing a routine helps you make improvements, see progress and feel accomplished. It also helps to set the quality of the next day and our sleep experience.
So here are 6 things you need to do before you lay down to sleep.
- Take Care Of Your Body: Essentials like having a bath, carrying out your skin routine, brushing your teeth after dinner help you to be in a more relaxed state which will in turn help to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Stop Screen Time 2 Hours Before Bed: We are always so quick to reach out for our smartphone and gadgets but do you know that blue light emanating from your gadgets can speed up blindness, damage your eyes and prevent you from getting adequate rest. One trick you can apply in balancing work and healthy routines is allocating time to spend with your gadgets. This may be so hard at first but with constant practise and discipline, it will become easy.
- Gratitude: Be thankful because gratitude can transform the common day into thanksgiving. It helps you grow and expand beyond the ordinary and changes ordinary opportunities into blessings. Your gratitude can be in punchy lines or lengthy paragraphs depending on which is suitable for you and how your day rolls out to be.
- Read Before You Sleep: What you consume before bed is very important as it plays a long way in your subconscious. Your subconscious preserves and works with what the conscious produces and dwells on; so feed your mind with positivity.
- Craft Out Your To-Do List: Envision your day and plan towards it by reviewing your calendar and outlining your important appointments. Identify your priorities for the day and bring them first.
- Reflect And Visualize: Set out time to unplug and highlight what went right in your day, what went wrong, what was achieved, what didn’t go as planned and try to resolve it. Guide your thoughts outline by reflecting and visualizing.
You may not be able to stick to these routines immediately or to adopt these into your night routine tonight but do not relent after one try or the other, keep pushing on until you get there.