Before we start today’s post and get into the nitty-gritty, it’s important to note that no matter what you do, you need to save your money and purchase quality over time. Look, rebuilding your wardrobe is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time but it’ll be worth it in the end.
So here are 8 ways to update your wardrobe that will not cost you a fortune.
- Only Buy What You Need: Just because there is a sale doesn’t mean you need the clothes, the most important thing to understand is that you should be getting staple items of the core wardrobe first which include
- White button-down shirt (2-3 of them)
- Dress shoes (Black & Brown)
- A nice watch
- Dark denim jeans
- Khaki or navy dress pants/chinos
- A gray or navy suit
- A tie
- Black & Brown belt
These are all items that at some point in your life you will need to utilize so start from here at least and then build as you go on.
- Plan Ahead & Leave Emotion At The Door: Don’t start browsing the internet or shopping in the store without a list, because you will buy on emotion or impulse. If you don’t shop with a plan it will inevitably lead to unnecessary purchases that could’ve been avoided. Make a list for nearly everything so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- Have a Budget: After planning ahead and leaving emotion at the door, you need a budget. How much are you willing to spend on each item that you are getting. What is the highest amount that you’ll go for? All these kind of questions will help you set up a budget that will not be harsh on your savings
- Understand your Style: This is where I let you know that you need to do some research and educate yourself first. If you want to get into pattern mixing or start buying different outfits for different occasions, you have to learn about those things and make your next list.
- Go back to the basics: Sometimes, you have to go back to your wardrobe in order to upgrade. You’ll save money by checking the few basic pieces that you have in your wardrobe. This way, you can still save on some things, mix and match with accessories that are still in good shape.
- Basic Colours: Some go-to items that you’ll want to make sure you get are black or navy blazer, solid-coloured shirts, pants in black and brown, shoes and belts in black or brown too. The above can be paired with just about anything.
- Buy timeless pieces: Get certain pieces that do not go out of style as quickly as others. The good thing is Men’s style does not go out of fashion as quick as that of women. So google some timeless pieces that you need before you go shopping.
- Buy your style: Make sure you buy what you will be comfortable in. Fashion trends are great but if you will not be comfortable in them, what’s the need? Make sure that comfort is a priority before you buy those skinny jeans.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY