Born David Adedeji Adeleke, Davido has for more than 5 years continued to entertain Nigeria and the world. The young act is arguably one of the top 5 biggest music artiste in Africa at the moment. Born in American in 1992, Davido has cemented is place in the Nigerian music industry dropping major hits year in year out. Having snagged major awards over the years he has been making music, Davido is known for his love for the art.
On his first relationship with music while as a student, Davido told FADER Magazine; “One day, I went to go check what the noise was. I went upstairs, opened the door, and the guy had a full studio in his room,” he says. “I told him that I was trying to do music, too. He asked me, ‘How much do you have to invest in equipment?’ And I said, ‘$2,000.’ He was like, ‘That’s too much.’”
On creating a new sound, the FALL crooner told the magazine; “We always wanted to create a new sound that everybody wants to follow. Nigerian music is evolving, and there’s something about our music that’s easy to listen to. I always do a fusion—I take from here, from South Africa, from America. I like to take sounds from different places and bring it together, to be able to sell to people all over the world.”
Here are 10 things you probably did not know about Davido
1. The singer was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He was born on November 21, 1992. David, went on to attend the British International School in Lagos.
2. After his secondary school education, he enrolled to study Business Administration at Oakland University in Alabama but dropped out, came back to Nigeria to pursue his music career.
3. He was later admitted to Babcock University to study music and graduated from Babcock University with a second class upper degree in Music.
4. David’s father Adedeji Adeleke is Nigerian billionaire businessman, his late mother, Vero was a university lecturer.
5. Davido began his music career in America where he used to backup for his cousin Sina Rambo, who was a rising rapper in the US.
6. His debut singer “Back When” featuring rapper Naeto C, was a hit
7. Davido has two baby mama’s Sophie Momodu and Amanda. Both women have a daughter, each, for the singer.
8. Davido has won many awards to include the BET Awards, MTV and AFRIMA.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY