A few hours ago, news surfaced that a Lagos court has ordered the arrest of actress Monalisa Chinda-Coker over tax evasion issues. The order was renewed due to her failure to appear in court for trial, since 2017.
Monalisa in March responded to the news of her evading tax telling people she has shown the court pieces of evidence of paying tax for her business situated in Lekki, Lagos. This of course, did not sit well with trolls, who continued to slam her prompting her to lash out back saying;
“Human beings have a natural morbid for curiosity! bad news! people cherish scandals and negativity. A rejoinder has been issues and evidences of taxes paid over the years… But NO…they’d rather soak themselves in dirt!!!”
However, for all her fans we will be telling you 6 things you probably didn’t know about the actress.
1. She was born on September 13, 1974, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State to an Ikwerre father and an Igbo mother. The actress is the first 6 children.
2. Monalisa attended Army Children’s School GRA for her Primary education before moving to Archdeacon Crowther Memorial Girls’ School, Elelenwo. She is also a Theatre Arts graduate from the University of Port Harcourt.
3. Monalisa joined Nollywood in 1996 when she acted in the movie, Pregnant Virgin. After graduating from the university in 2000, the featured in the movie Above the Law. She began to get more roles and in 2007 her she appeared in the television soap Heaven’s Gate. 2011, saw Monalisa Chinda upping her game by she becoming the Executive Producer of the movie, ‘Kiss & Tell’, a movie she co-produced with ace producer Emem Isong co-produced and directed alongside actor Desmond Elliot.
4. In 2012, Monalisa and 4 other Nollywood actors were featured on the cover of Hollywood Weekly Magazine.
5. Monalisa, who is involved in a lot of charity work, also writes for The Sun Newspaper. The actress and mom of one has a column (Monalisa Code) in the Saturday edition of the paper. Monalisa uses this medium to talk about social issues and relationships.
6. The actress is also a consultant with Royal Arts Academy.
7. She has been married twice. Monalisa was formerly married to a certain Dejo Richards who reportedly abused her for so much until she had to run for her life. In 2016, the actress again tied the knot with a certain Victor Tonye Coker who is a Germany based Nigerian-Sierra Leonean businessman. Just last year, it surfaced that the actress is his second wife.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY