Yes, we agree that we live in a world where sex is the norm and it is been advertised to us through music, movies, books and countless other things. We also do agree that millennials are thirsty when it comes to anything sexual which is why most relationships are sex-based.
It is also why most people think the only way you can be intimate with your partner is to be sexually active.
We are here to give you 7 things that are more intimate than having sex. If we have not lost you, let us proceed.
READ ALSO: The Top 5 Most Dangerous Sex Positions
Planning: There is a certain intimacy that comes with looking towards the future with someone. A closeness that comes with being able to face the future with someone at your side and that’s something that the two of you need to do and keep up in your relationship. You need to be prepared for the lives that you are willing to share together.
- Physical Closeness: You really don’t have to be humping each other to be physically intimate with one another. Just spending time with each other and being within one another immediate physical vicinity is enough to build intimacy between both of you. Even if you are quiet with your individual thoughts.
- Traveling: Traveling as a couple can be a very intimate experience for the two of you. There is a certain intimacy that just comes with the two of you being in a foreign land surrounded by people you don’t even know, being outside of your comfort zones, confronting unfamiliar territories and different cultures. Being occupied in a foreign culture helps you to look deep down into what makes you who you are both as an individual and as a couple.
- Partnership: Acting like true partners that you are strengthens your bond and allows you to be in accordance with one another. There is intimacy in being a singular force, it allows you to become stronger as a couple in every way.
- Conflict Resolution: Most people think that conflicts and disagreements are always going to be bad for relationships even though that isn’t necessarily right. When two people disagree, it isn’t a problem if they are both able to work through their disagreements and come to a compromise. If you are able to work through your troubles together, you set a sense of camaraderie that is very good and healthy for your relationship.
- Constant Companionship: It’s always nice to know that you never have to go through anything alone in your life anymore. Relationships work by having someone at your side whenever you want or need them to be. There’s a certain kind of intimacy that comes from knowing that you have someone to be there for you on a consistent basis.
- Emotional Openness: Sex is usually the pinnacle of physical intimacy for a lot of people however, it’s not the only form of intimacy. Emotional intimacy is actually opening up to your partner about your feelings and emotions and there is nothing more intimate than baring your soul to your partner in your relationship. There’s always a certain intimacy that you can build with emotional openness that physical intimacy can’t on its own.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY