A few weeks ago, news surfaced online that Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman is one of the celebrities that have been charged for her role in a nationwide college admissions scam.
According to reports, the suspects reportedly paid up to $6 million to ensure their kids got into elite colleges in the country.
Huffman alongside others was charged with mail fraud as well as honest services mail fraud, which she has since admitted to and even confessed to having paid $15,000 to an examiner to have her daughter get more time during her SAT exam.
Huffman via a statement apologized for what she did saying;
“I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions.
“I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community.”
Here are 5 things you probably did not know about Felicity Huffman
- The actress was born December 9, 1962, in Bedford, New York. She comes from a wealthy Christian background. Huffman graduated from Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan in the year 1981 before heading to New York University, Circle in the Square Theatre School and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England.
- Huffman got married to her actor husband William H. Macy in 1997. The pair dated on and off for 15 years before finally tying the knot.
- The couple has two daughters Sophia and Georgia. Huffman, in an interview with Closer Weekly, spoke on motherhood saying, “I found myself overwhelmed by motherhood… I had mommy guilt all the time.“I learned that from a mom; when I asked why she did, she said, ‘Because it’s my time.’… I make butter coffee, then read a novel for 20 minutes. I make my kids get up 15 minutes before they have to so they can be a little slower, drink water, and take the probiotics.” “Bill has included this thing where we all grab hands and everybody takes a breath. I know it sounds corny, but it actually makes us all land at the table at the same time. Then everybody loses their homework, can’t find their keys, all these horrible things.”
- Huffman snagged a leading role in multi-award winning ABC comedy series Desperate Housewives. She co-starred alongside actresses Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, and Eva Longoria. For her work on the series, Huffman won an Emmy Award for (Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series) in 2005, for her role as Lynette Scavo . In 2006, she won two Screen Actors Guild Awards (Best Actress – Comedy Series and part of Best Ensemble – Comedy Series) also for the role of Lynette Scavo and has since gone on to snag numerous other plaques.
- Huffman’s daughter Sophia Grace is an actress. Her husband Macy in an interview with US Weekly, said their eldest daughter, Sophia Grace, is interested in following her parents into show biz.“I think she’s firmly in the tribe.She’s good. I’ve seen her in a lot of plays.”
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY