If you are visiting the Nations capital city, Abuja, put in mind that it is splendid in nature’s beauty and is known for alluring landscapes. So whether you want to take a walk, enjoy some alone time with a loved one or do fun activities, there’s a great spot for everyone.
- Jabi Lake and Park: People who reside and visit Abuja frequently will tell you that all roads lead to the extensive Jabi Lake and Park every Saturday. Residents go to exercise, relax and have fun at the beautiful location that features a number of activities and thrills such as horse riding, aerobics, skating, Taekwondo classes etc. If you prefer outdoor activities, the park is a place that you must visit. The Jabi Lake is man-made and situated next to the park which offers canoe rides, speed boat rides, and other water sports.
- Millenium Park: This park was commissioned in December 2013 by Queen Elizabeth II of England and it is located in the Maitama district of the federal capital territory. You can take a grand tour of the Park which is Abuja’s largest public and green area park covering a land area of some 32 hectares. You can enjoy the serenity of a beautifully designed walkway, flanked on each side by evergreen grass and canopy trees, leading down to a fountain, offering visitors the opportunity to enjoy the freedom and freshness that nature offers.
- Tobix Recreational Park and Garden: This is the getaway spot for people who love open-air fun and quiet unwinding time and it also has a children’s playground and restaurants among other facilities. It is a multi-purpose park known for its extensive space for guests and hosts a unique events centre. It is a two-acre park of stunning and functional garden features such as the evergreen lawns, badminton court, event spaces, walkways, sculptures, fountains, ponds, rock gardens, varieties of trees, palms and flowers.
- BMT African Garden: BMT African Garden is simply a place of hidden treasures. It is tucked away on the busy Ademola Adetokunbo district of Wuse II and offers a beautiful one of a kind themed park that has got everything –from a town hall, a library, a swimming pool, a zoo, an entertainment complex, water fountains, cinema hall to a lot of other recreational activities. It also has a display of the paintings of famous African and world leaders on its walls.
- Rabby Recreation Park: This park boasts of a magnificent fountain, a lush green area and exquisite landscape, Rabby recreation park is an awe-inspiring haven in Abuja as it features an expansive zoological section hosting exotic animals like peacocks, ostriches, antelopes and parrots. It offers a peaceful ambience and serene environment and also boasts of a fully equipped 1,000-seat event centre, golf pitching as well as a football pitch, tennis court, basketball court, gym, children’s play area, food court, bar and lounge, in addition to several stand-alone gazebos.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY