1. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’
2. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho, ‘The Fifth Mountain’
3. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
4. “Don’t just learn, experience.
Don’t just read, absorb.
Don’t just change, transform.
Don’t just relate, advocate.
Don’t just promise, prove.
Don’t just criticize, encourage.
Don’t just think, ponder.
Don’t just take, give.
Don’t just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don’t just hear, listen.
Don’t just talk, act.
Don’t just tell, show.
Don’t just exist, live.” – Roy T. Bennett, ‘The Light in the Heart’
5. “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
7. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin, ‘Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life’
8. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
9. “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.” – Rodolfo Costa, ‘Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes’
10. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” – Stephanie Lahart, ‘Overcoming Life’s Obstacles: Enlighten-Encourage-Empower’
11. “If you always attach positive emotions to the things you want, and never attach negative emotions to the things you don’t, then that which you desire most will invariably come your way.” – Matt D. Miller
12. “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” – Shannon L. Alder
13. “One word of encouragement can be enough to spark someone’s motivation to continue with a difficult challenge.” – Roy T. Bennett
14. “Opportunity may knock only once but temptation leans on the door bell.” – Oprah Winfrey, ‘Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World’s Most Influential Voice’
15. “Connecting with those you know love, like and appreciate you restores the spirit and gives you energy to keep moving forward in this life.” – Deborah Day, ‘BE HAPPY NOW!’
16. “The greatest joys in life are found not only in what we do and feel, but also in our quiet hopes and labors for others.” – Bryant McGill, ‘Voice of Reason’
17. “Who do you spend time with? Criticizers or encouragers? Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less.” – Steve Goodier
18. “If you feel like giving up, give up on that feeling and give into the realization there are endless possibilities waiting to be discovered before you.” – Tom Althouse
19. “So the next time you see a person with a compose face and a soft voice, remember that inside her mind she might be solving an equation, composing a sonnet, designing a hat. She might, that is, be deploying the powers of quiet.” – Susan Cain, ‘Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking’
20. “Encouragement is like water to the soul, it makes everything grow.” – Chris Burkmen
21. “The noble-minded encourage what is beautiful in people and discourage what is ugly in them. Little people do just the opposite.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
22. “But I’ve bought a big bat.
I’m all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going
To have troubles with me!” – Dr. Seuss
23. “You need to be buried deep in the dirt before you can find your bloom.” – Roz Inga
24. “At the root of all misery is unfulfilled desire.” – Scott Hahn, ‘Hope for Hard Times’
25. “…I’ve discovered that if you want to reach your true potential, it’s much more effective to ignite a new passion for life than to dwell on past problems.” – Neil A. Fiore, ‘Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage’
26. “In life, we make the best decisions we can with the information we have on hand.” – Agnes Kamara-Umunna, ‘And Still Peace Did Not Come: A Memoir of Reconciliation’
27. “Every goal first started as something in our mind. You have it all within you!” – Deborah Day, ‘BE HAPPY NOW!’
28. “He worked with her as she was and not as he wanted her to be.” – Colin Clark, ‘My Week with Marilyn’
29. “How can you love people without encouraging them? And how can you be loyal to people without educating them.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
30. “For the rest of his life, Oliver Twist remembers a single word of blessing spoken to him by another child because this word stood out so strikingly from the consistent discouragement around him.” – Charles Dickens, ‘Oliver Twist’
31. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” – Tilman J. Fertitta
32. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”—Confucius
33. “Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
34. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”– Martin Luther King
35. “All of life is a test and we all have our challenges to meet.” ― Marjory Sheba
36. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
37. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
38. “You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it.” – Unknown
39. “Never give up. Things may be hard, but if you quit trying they’ll never get better. Stop worrying and start trusting God. It will be worth it.” ― Germany Kent
40. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Thanks for reading!