Food is something we do not like to joke with, at least, I know I don’t. Whether it comes in silverware, plastic bags, disposables or ever kebab, we all love it. So before you take another bite of that scrumptious dish, go through our list to see if you know any of our facts.
Here are 25 food facts you need to know about:
READ ALSO: Did You know? Fun Facts About Chocolates
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830’s as medicine for some sickness.
- The fear of cooking is known as Mageirocophobia and it is a recognized phobia.
- Did you know dry swallowing one teaspoon of sugar can commonly cure hiccups?
- The fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth is called Arachibutyrophobia.
- Termites and ants are often roasted and eaten by the handful, like popcorn in South Africa.
- Did you know the ’57’ on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of pickle types the company once had?
- Honeybee workers must visit about 2 million flowers to make one pound of honey.
- Ever heard the fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia?
- There are more than 7,000 varieties of apples grown in the world.
- Did you know apples, pears, cherries and strawberries are all members of the rose family?
- There are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes grown in the world.
- Did you know that carrots have zero fat content?
- A watermelon is over 92% water by weight. Now that’s a bloated fact.
- Square watermelons, although not edible, sell for about $85. They are mostly ornamental plants.
- Did you know eating a lot of beetroot turns your pee into a pink color? There’s something you can try over the weekend.
- As weird as it is, each pineapple plant only produces just one pineapple per year.
- Biting a wooden spoon whilst chopping an onion will stop your eyes from watering. It absorbs the liquid before it hits your eyes.
- Someone who has the urge to eat raw potatoes is called a Geomelophagia.
- Did you know that rice can be used in beer, baby food, breakfast cereals, snacks, frozen foods and sauces?
- Chocolate can kill dogs. It directly affects their heart and nervous system.
- Did you know that sugar is the only taste that humans are born craving?
- Unlike today, in the 15th century, chocolate could only be eaten by members of the royal court.
- Egg yolks are one of the few foods that naturally contain Vitamin D.
- The average amount of meat eaten per person, per year is 78.5 kg.
- did you know the average person will consume 12 pubic hairs in their fast food every year?
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY