Animals are amazing creatures and can be found almost everywhere, literally everywhere!! From the domesticated ones like dogs, to those found on the farms and then those that leave in the wild. There are still a lot we don’t know about them and we discover this every day. lets dive in and see them.
Here are 20 fun facts you didn’t know about animals:
READ ALSO: 11 Facts About Diabetes You Should Know
- Apart from humans, the only mammals that go through menopause are the elephants and the humpback whales.
- Snakes are tagged as carnivorous, meaning that they only eat meat in the form of other animals, usually small ones like frogs, birds and insects.
- Dogs have a far better eyesight than human beings, although we see more colors than they do.
- Animals like turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, dolphins, whales and other water going creatures will drown if they stay underwater for too long.
- Did you know that ostriches can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions?
- If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop as they use their tails for balancing.
- It is much easier for dogs to learn spoken commands if they are given along with hand gestures and signs.
- Did you know that flamingos can only eat when their heads are upside down?
- About 1.4 billion tons of waste is produced by animals in a year. That is 30 times more waste than humans produce.
- Ruminant like cattle’s and other hoofed animals have one large stomach that is divided into four compartments to go through the different stages of digestion.
- To escape the jaws of a crocodile after its grip, push your thumb into its eyeballs, it will let you go instantly.
- Did you know that the blue whale weighs as much as thirty elephants and is as long as three large buses?
- A baby kangaroo at birth is only about an inch long. That is about the same size as a queen bee.
- The creature we call a black panther is actually a black leopard.
- Did you know that a flea can jump up to 200 times its own height? This is equivalent to a man jumping up to 1.250 Ft.
- An elephant can smell a water source up to 3 miles away. Natives follow elephants in times of drought to find water.
- Killer whales are not true whales at all, but just another species of dolphins.
- Did you know that chocolate, cooked onions or anything that contains caffeine is harmful to digs?
- No two tigers ever have the same stripes on their coats, and this is how they are told apart individually.
- Did you know that oysters can swap genders depending on which is best for mating?
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY