Did you know the strongest muscle in your body is your tongue? Go through our fun list and find fun facts you didn’t know about the human anatomy.
Here are 20 fun facts about your body:
- The cornea of the eye is the only body part that has no blood supply. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
- Did you know that bones are about 5 times stronger than steel?
- The muscles which help your eyes to focus complete about 100,000 movements in a day. It would take your legs to walk 80 kilometers to do the same work.
- A cough amounts to an explosive charge of air which moves at speeds up to 60 miles per hour.
- A person is about 8 millimeters taller in the morning than in the evening.
- Although our nose and ears never stop growing, our eyes remain the same size as they were at birth.
- Based on statistics, only about one out of 2 billion people reaches the age of 116 years old.
- The rate at which a person’s hair grows doubles during an airplane flight.
- Every year more than 2 million left-handed people die because of mistakes they make when using machines designed for right-handed people.
- The human heart pumps blood at such huge pressure that it would be able to push blood up to the fourth floor of a building.
- The human eye can tell apart 10 million different colors. The chicken eye can tell much, much more.
- There are about 40,000 bacteria in the human mouth. Each one of us has around 2,000 taste buds.
- In a person’s lifetime, the small intestine is about 2.5 meters. After the person dies, the muscle in the walls of their intestine relax, and its length increases to 6 meters.
- A child has about 300 bones at birth. When they become adults, they have just 206 bones.
- The human heart is approximately equal to the size of the persons fist. It weighs around 220-260 for an adult.
- Did you know the facial hair of a blond-haired man grows faster than that of a man with dark hair?
- During the average person’s lifetime, they spend about 2 weeks kissing.
- Everyone has a dimple on their lower back, but on some people, they are more pronounced than others. They should appear where the pelvis joins with the sacrum, so their appearance makes sense.
- Did you know people with blue eyes are more sensitive to pain than others?
- A passionate kiss causes the same chemical reactions in the brain that skydiving and firing a gun do.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY