It is a cliche but true that the secret to success is never giving up even if the odds are against us. Nevertheless, the urge to give up is something we all face from time to time.
Here are 17 quotes, by great minds, you can read the next time you feel as though you should give up
1. Work hard, be honest, help people, never give up, love your fellow man and woman, give back to society, and don’t ever discriminate – Jesse White.
2. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’ – Mary Anne
3. If you never give up and you strive hard and focus on every move like a chess game, you will make it. I believe that wholeheartedly – Coy Bowles.
4. Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds – Marta
5. It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them – George Eliot.
6. If I can be some kind of vessel to show people that, no matter the hard time you experienced, you can still succeed, I want to put out that positive energy to never quit and never give up. – Brian Banks.
7. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. – Albert Einstein
READ ALSO: 20 Quotes About Dreams You Should Read
8. Seriously, I grew up a fan of Hulk Hogan, and I think I bring some of his best values to the ring… the values of a superhero. Always do your best. Never give up… I think kids want to believe in that, and they should believe in that. – John Cena
9. A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying. – B.F. Skinner
10. You tell your kids that no matter what, you set your goals and you go for them. Whatever it is you achieve, never give up. You want your kids to have that good attitude, the confidence, and the will power to believe in themselves. – Joel Parkinson
11. You just never give up, no matter how hard the challenges are, and observe this world with a healthy dose of criticism and don’t just follow the herd like somebody else might do. – Renny Harlin
12. What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you’d be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change? – Karen Salmansohn
13. As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better. – Dr. Steve Maraboli
14. Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. – Scott Fitzgerald
15. Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure. – Benjamin Disraeli
16. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie
17. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure. – George Edward Woodberry