Reading is good and some people see it as an hobby, while some didn’t take it the other way round. Let’s see how that fare with the quotes below.
1. Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. – Charles W. Elliot.
2. A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading. – William Styron.
3. Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. —Vera Nazarian.
4. It is books that are the key to the wide world; if you can’t do anything else, read all that you can.–Jane Hamilton.
READ ALSO: 20 Quotes About Dreams You Should Read
5. Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. – Mason Cooley
6. One of the joys of reading is the ability to plug into the shared wisdom of mankind. – Ishmael Reed
7. To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. — W. Somerset Maugham
8. The art of reading is in great part that of acquiring a better understanding of life from one’s encounter with it in a book. — André Maurois
9. I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go into the library and read a good book. — Groucho Marx
10. When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature. If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of myself in the world, I would do that again by reading, just as I did when I was young. — Maya Angelou
11. Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something, learned something, become a better person. Reading makes me smarter. Reading gives me something to talk about later on. Reading is the unbelievably healthy way my attention deficit disorder medicates itself. Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it’s a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it’s a way of making contact with someone else’s imagination after a day that’s all too real. Reading is grist. Reading is bliss. — Nora Ephron
12. To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark. — Victor Hugo
13. A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people. – Will Rogers
14. Acquiring literacy is an empowering process, enabling millions to enjoy access to knowledge and information which broadens horizons, increases opportunities and creates alternatives for building a better life. – Kofi Annan
15. Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. – Socrates65