He is arguably the biggest act in Africa at the moment and has since his emergence on the scene dropped hits to the delight of his fans.
Today we will be talking about singer Wizkid and things we bet some of you fans do not know about him.
Wizkid whose real names are Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun is known for his love of music and making it. In an old interview, the Starboy crooner noted that he does not make music for fame.
READ ALSO: 8 Things you should know about Davido
“I don’t do music for the fame, I don’t see that, so I don’t let that get to my head, I’m really more into the music,” Wizkid noted, however adding that when the fans do show him love he does appreciates it.
“There is a bigger vision where we are trying to take this to, so we have to just stay working, humble and relaxed.”
Speaking on what he sees as his greatest accomplishment, Wizkid said that would be the feeling his fans get from his music and their love for his sound.
In his words;
“My greatest accomplishment is just making people happy with my music.”
With that been said, here are 15 things we bet you did not know about Wizkid.
1) Wizzy or Starboy as he is fondly called was born on July 16, 1990, to a family of 6. He’s from Lagos State, Nigeria.
2) He started singing at 11 under the name ‘Lil Prinz’ and formed the group Glorious Five during this year.
3.) His first ever recording was at the age of 11 with late OJB Jezreel
5) The group, Glorious Five, released a 7-Tracker Album in the Church.
6) N10,000 was made from the total sale of his first album (with Glorious 5)
7) In 2006, he changed his name from Lil Prinz to Wizkid
8) He has won over 13 international awards since the beginning of his career
9) His Break-Out single was ‘Holla At Your Boy’.
10) Wizkid has 3 sons, Boluwatife, Ayodeji Jr and Zion Balogun with different women; Sola Ogudu, Binta Diallo and Jada Pollock
11) The singer dropped out of Lead City University in 2011 in his 3rd Year. He was studying ‘International Relations’.
12) His first international collaboration was with multi-award winning singer Akon on Don’t Dull (Remix).
13) He has performed alongside international acts such as Chris Brown, Akon, Young Jeezy, Kardinal Official, amongst others.
14) He is the youngest Nigerian artiste to put out an internationally recognized album.
15.) He launched his own record label, Star Boy in 2013. He signed Maleek Berry, Legendary Beatz, Mutayo, Efya and a few others to the label.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY