Anyone can be creative. With the right mindset, you can learn to think outside the box, not conform to the rules, be original, and come up with meaningful ideas. This, in a nutshell, sums up creativity.
These quotes below will inspire you and give you clarity on how you can tap into your creative self.
1. The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity; moving beyond it necessitates intuition, which in turn configures new perspectives and conquers fears. – Dan Stevens
2. Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go – purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything… whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out. – Tina Turner
3. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. – Scott Adams
4. Creativity itself doesn’t care at all about results – the only thing it craves is the process. Learn to love the process and let whatever happens next happen, without fussing too much about it. Work like a monk, or a mule, or some other representative metaphor for diligence. Love the work. Destiny will do what it wants with you, regardless. – Elizabeth Gilbert
5. I don’t rehearse on either of my shows, ‘Family Feud’ or my talk show. I never rehearse with the guests. I don’t want to have any preconceived thoughts, notions, because that kills my creativity as a host and as a stand up. – Steve Harvey
READ ALSO: 15 Quotes About Finding True Happiness
6. I think if you’re everyone’s cup of tea, that probably means you’re a little bit boring, or you’re not pushing yourself. Creativity happens where it’s dangerous and scary: where you’re not comfortable. – Kacey Musgraves
7. Living creatively is really important to maintain throughout your life. And living creatively doesn’t mean only artistic creativity, although that’s part of it. It means being yourself, not just complying with the wishes of other people. – Matt Groening
8. Creativity is an energy. It’s a precious energy, and it’s something to be protected. A lot of people take for granted that they’re a creative person, but I know from experience, feeling it in myself, it is a magic; it is an energy. And it can’t be taken for granted. – Ava DuVernay
9. Creativity gives rise to the limited out of the unlimited, to sanity out of madness, to the valuable out of the priceless, to abundance out of nothingness, to the original out of the familiar, and to hope out of despair. – Wallace Huey
10. The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time. – Mary Oliver
11. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it – Dee Hock
12. Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. – Walt Disney
13. You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not’? – George Bernard Shaw
14. If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent van Gogh
15. Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it – Salvador Dali
We hope these quotes inspire you to be creative and bring out the inner artist in you.