As strange as it may seem, your mental health is equally as important as your physical health. And poor mental state negatively impacts one’s quality of life and can even indirectly or directly affect the physical health of a person.
Unfortunately, mental health is still a highly misunderstood topic. This has led to the neglect of many sufferers and a high level of ignorance on how to tackle this issue.
Here are 15 quotes that will give you insights into the subject of mental health and help you boost your own mental wellbeing.
1. “People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn’t help. One needs support and understanding. I am now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression and help people.” – Deepika Padukone
2.”There is no health without mental health; mental health is too important to be left to the professionals alone, and mental health is everyone’s business.” – Vikram Patel
3. “There isn’t anybody out there who doesn’t have a mental health issue, whether it’s depression, anxiety, or how to cope with relationships. Having OCD is not an embarrassment anymore – for me. Just know that there is help and your life could be better if you go out and seek the help.” – Howie Mandel
4. “The right place for a person suffering a mental health crisis is a bed, not a police cell. And the right people to look after them are medically trained professionals, not police officers.” – Theresa May
READ ALSO: 15 Inspiring Quotes About Facing Your Fears
5. “The feeling of insecurity is inimical to our sense of wellbeing, as it causes anxiety and stress, which harms our physical and mental health. It is no surprise then that, according to some surveys, workers across the world value job security more highly than wages.“- Ha-Joon Chang
6. “I see taking care of my emotional and mental health in the same way that I see taking care of a garment: After it’s been through wear and tear, it needs attention.” – Gina Barreca
7. “It’s okay to talk about mental health issues. It’s okay to admit that you have anxiety. It doesn’t take away from your power. It’s totally normal.” – Torrey DeVitto
8. “Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo and it needs to be faced and dealt with.” – Adam Ant
9. “Everybody knows there is no such thing as normal. There is no black-and-white definition of normal. Normal is subjective. There’s only a messy, inconsistent, silly, hopeful version of how we feel most at home in our lives.” ― Tori Spelling
10. “This feeling will pass. The fear is real but the danger is not.”― Cammie McGovern
11. “It is not the the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.”― Aisha Mirza
12. “The only journey is the journey within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
13. “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” – Emery Lord
14. “Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it isn’t so.” –Lemony Snicket
15. “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” –Linda Poindexter.
Do you like the quotes in this article? if yes, then share it to people that might need to read it too. Thanks for reading,