Did you know that in a crash, airbags inflate in just 30 milliseconds? This are car facts that would have you surprised. Go through the list and find out what car facts you didn’t know about.
Here are 15 facts about cars you didn’t know about:
- Did you know the first automobile was developed by Carl Benz? It was developed in 1885 and had a top speed of 16 km per hour. It was known as the Benz Patent Motorwagen and had one cylinder four-stroke engine installed horizontally on a specifically designed chassis.
- Did you know the first low cost car cost around $850 in 1908 and $260 in 1925? In 1908, the Model T which was developed by Henry Ford became the first car available to the public.
- Do you know the first self-propelled vehicle was made in 1769? Called the Cugnot Fardier, it was developed by Nicolas Joseph and was a steam powered tricycle.
- Bertha Benz, the wife of Carl Benz, and her two sons made the first long-distance journey in August 1888. From Mannheim in Southern Germany to Pforzheim.
- While there were only about 500 million cars in 1986, there are an estimated 1.2 billion and counting cars today in the world. It is forecasted to increase to 2 billion by the year 2040.
- Did you know that a car has about 30,000 parts? And almost 95% of a car’s lifespan is spent parking.
- Cars are recyclable. About 12 million vehicles are recycled annually in the United States alone. It is the 16th largest industry in the United States.
- Did you know that almost 65% of the world’s population drives on the right side of the road?
- Texting while driving increases the chances of an accident by about 23 times. Typically, a car crash happens within an average of 3 seconds after a driver is distracted.
- Cars that have mainstream/popular colors are more prone to theft than cars that have less popular colors.
- Did you know that the beloved Volkswagen Beetle has sold more than 20 million units worldwide and was the most popular car of the 20th century?
- Since its launch in 1966, the Toyota Corolla has been sold to over 150 countries and regions. It is the worlds best selling car and the company sells 1 every 15 seconds.
- Did you know the word car comes from the Latin word Carrus, meaning “a two-wheeled wagon”?
- Did you know the new car smell is actually the smell of various volatile organic compounds used to manufacture car? The smell is intoxicating and manufacturers are adopting measures to get rid of the smell.
- China is credited of producing almost a quarter of the world’s total cars.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY