Here are some tried-and-true tips for making your outfit look luxurious, even when they are not. Some might require you going the extra mile while others are very much available right next to you. These 11 ways are not rocket science, but they will certainly command the attention of onlookers.
READ ALSO: 5 Crazy Expensive Mobile Phones Right Now
- Getting it slim-fitted: Trust me, taking the extra day needed to have your neighborhood tailor tuck your latest outfit, versus removing the tags off and wearing immediately will elevate the piece of clothing way beyond its original price tag.
- Your outfit looks better when Ironed: We all know time in the morning is precious but taking the extra five minutes to steam or press your clothes will definitely add instant polish to even your most worn-in clothes.
Beauty matters: Combed or brushed hair and makeup elevate any look. Just the right amount of makeup and flawless skin are the ultimate finishing touches.
- Add gold accessories: Whether it is a bag or jewellery or even both, trust me when I say that adding a touch of gold via your accessories will make you look like you stepped out of the pages of a magazine.
Dress in tonal colours: Pick colours like all white or all black to help to elongate your body frame. Just make sure your whites are not dull and your blacks match.
Add a belt and tuck in for polish: A casual lack of concern is something everyone is always trying to accomplish in the style department, but just in case you want to look like you know what you’re doing, tuck in any shirttails and cinch your waist with a chic belt for maximum impact.
- Your handbags should be shiny and clean: Use Baby wipes on patent leather, unscented body lotion on all other leather, re-shape your bags when storing and always, always pack your purses in dust bags when traveling.
- A great jacket can be your best friend: A tailored jacket can be your secret weapon. It upgrades jeans, adds polish to flowy dresses and takes slim pant trousers into the board room.
- Dress up your denim: Make sure you try as much as possible to dress up your denim which can be achieved by always adding heels and keeping the silhouettes and washes classic.
- Buy timeless outfits: Forgo the trends each season and focus on purchasing coats that are forever: classic camel, navy pea, black moto, belted trench, raw denim—every time you reach for a topper, you won’t regret it.
- Match your shoes and your bag: When in doubt, keep your accessories in the same colour palette. This will ensure your look comes off as intentional, not haphazard.