For a lot of movies lovers, Hugh Jackman is no strange name. He has stunning his fans with amazing performances as the Wolverine in the Marvel comics. He has acted in several other movies and is also known as “Hollywood’s baddest good guy”.
Read on to learn 10 facts about the talented actor.
1. Jackman found interest in musicals at the tender age of 10, when he saw a high school performance of Man of Mancha.
2. Before becoming an actor and landing a role as one of Marvel’s biggest characters, Jackman graduated from the University of Technology in Sydney with a BA in Communications, focusing on journalism. It wasn’t until he attended a drama class in his senior year that he changes his mind and enrolled at the Western Australian Academy of Arts.
3. Born in Australia, Jackman has four older siblings and a younger half-sister, from his mother’s remarriage.
4. His parents divorced when he was eight and he remained in Australia with his father and two brothers, while his mother moved to England with his two sisters.
5. Jackman is a man of many talents. He plays the guitar, piano, and violin and is a member of the School of Practical Philosophy.
6. He and his wife, Debora-Lee Furness, tied the knot in 1996 but were unable to have kids even after trying in vitro fertilization, so they decided to adopt two children, Oscar and Ava. Jackman admits he is the stricter parent and is always teaching his children about gratitude and respect since they grew up privileged.
7. He had a fear of singing so he learnt how to face challenges through playing with his older brothers. “That’s something I learned to do as a kid. My older brothers used to do crazy things, like jumping off very high cliffs into the ocean. When I was afraid to try, they made fun of me. So I learned how to face challenges. But my singing role in the musical Oklahoma was actually a stepping stone to Hollywood for me. When I was meeting with agents there, they all said, “You were incredible in Oklahoma!” I asked, “Did you see the show?” They answered, “No, but we heard about it,” he said.
8. A born performer, Jackman has always loved song and dance.
While playing the iconic role of Wolverine, Jackman discovered a mark on his nose, which he presumed to be as a result of an on-set injury. Eventually, his mark was diagnosed as a basal cell carcinoma, a form of cancer. Although it is not serious, he has been treating it ever since 2013.
9. So far, he has had an amazing career. His performance as Wolverine holds a world record: he’s the actor with the most superhero film appearances, and he’s also the only actor who is in all the films in the X-Men franchise.
10. Jackman appeared a Logan for the last time in the 2017 blockbuster Logan. He believes Tom Hardy should be the next actor to play the role.