She needs little or no introduction in the entertainment world. Actress Yvonne Nelson since emerging on the scene a couple of years ago has gone on to prove her worth.
Here are 1o things you should know about her.
1. She was born on the 12th of November 1985 to Margaret Gaddy and Mr Nelson Oko, in Accra Ghana. Yvonne is also the last born of her parents.
2. The actress was raised by her mom who was abandoned by her father when she was still a child.
“Some 30years ago, an amazing woman had me. She’s been by my side ever since. She did it all alone with God’s help. She gave me the best of everything, love, shelter, education, her time and most importantly to believe in God and The Bible,
3. Yvonne won her first pageant in high school. She has since gone on to win more beauty pageants.
READ ALSO: 10 Things you Should Know About Tekno
4. She landed her first movie role in the TV series Fortune Island.
5. Yvonne is a college dropout and has spoken on how she regrets ever dropping out of school.
“I would go on stage every Saturday in SHS. I had to rewrite some papers. I was so into entertainment that I didn’t take my schooling serious. You can easily mess up and not make it to university. I regret not paying attention to my books so when I see kids of today, I tell them to pay attention to their books,” she said.
“I was in Central University. And it wasn’t easy mixing sets with classes. I had to make up my mind. It was tough. Nigerian producers were giving me juicy offers and I was torn between accepting the offers or not. But, I had to focus on school and I was so happy to have graduated, I didn’t want to defer,” she added.
6. She is the first Ghanaian actress to act in Ivory Coast.
7. She had a Glaucoma Foundation which she launched in 2010.
8. She has a couple of business to include a fashion store known as YN’s Closet
9. She welcomed her baby girl in 2018 with now ex, Jamie Roberts.
“It’s been almost a year and some weeks and I can confidently say it has not been easy at all. The waking up at dawn when the baby is awake and all the things that come with motherhood is not an easy task,”
“I have come to respect my mother after being a mother. She raised three children and gave us the best of training. The love for her has increased.”
10. Yvonne has won several awards to include City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (Ghana)