Ahmed Musa has made his name as one of Nigeria’s best player since his venture into professional football. The Al-Nassr forward is currently the highest FIFA World Cup Goal scorer.
With this and more records under his belt, Musa has earned the reputation of a tactful goal scorer and is unarguably one of the best players Nigeria has produced.
Here are some things you probably didn’t know about the football star:
1. Ahmed Musa was born in Jos on October 14th, 1992.
2. He grew up in a family of seven and describes his childhood as a troubled one due to the death of his father.
3. Musa began his career in Jos at the GBS Football Academy, renowned for producing three out of the four wingers who have played for the Senior National team of Nigeria.
4. In 2008, due to his prowess on the field, he transferred to the now-defunct J.U.T.H F.C where he played 18 games and scored four goals in his first two professional seasons.
5. Musa went on to play for Kano Pillars F.C where he excelled by scoring the multiple goals for the team. As a result of his recognisable success, he eventually ventured into the Nigeria Premier League.
6. He held the record for scoring the highest goals in one season in the history of the Nigeria Premier League until 2011 when Jude Aneke beat his record with 20 goals.
7. After dominating the Nigerian football scene, Musa gained international recognition and was transferred to Dutch club VVV-Venlo in 2010. However, he had to hold on until he was eligible to play for the Dutch team on 14 October 2010 at the age of 18.
8.In March 2011, He won the AIT Footballer of the Year award on a national level.
9. In January 2012, he signed with the Russian club CSKA Moscow where he scored major goals in the 2012-13, 2013-14, and 2015-16 seasons of the Russian League.
10. Musa has been married twice. His first marriage was to Jamila Musa whom he divorced due to ‘irreconcilable differences’. In 2017, he got married again to Juliet Ejue.