Nigerian singer Reekado Banks born Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon on the 6th of December 1993, needs little or no introduction in the entertainment scene.
Reekado hails from Ondo state in Nigeria and has dropped many hit songs since hitting the limelight.
Here are 10 things you should know about the singer.
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About Don Jazzy
1. Reekado was born on the 6th of December 1993, in Lagos Nigeria. He hails from Ondo state.
2. He bagged a degree in History and Strategic Studies from the University of Lagos.
3. His father is a cleric while his mom is a caterer.
4. Reekado recorded his first song at the age of 14 after completing his secondary education. His older brother Temi produced the song.
5. The singer worked as a manual laborer before his music career kicked off.
6. Reekado is also a songwriter and worked with Tiwa on her hit single ‘My Darlin.
7. The singer applied for Mavin Records Talent Hunt competition in 2013 and in 2014, he snagged a deal with the label.
8. He hit the limelight in 2014 after featuring in the label’s hit singles Dorobucci and Adaobi.
9. He won Rookie of the year during the 2014 Headies award and in 2015 won the Next Rated and Video of the Year award.
10. In December 23018, Rekado announced his exit from Mavin Records.
Today I write in tears, not from a place of of pain, but of joy and gratitude. A place of bliss and satisfaction because I am more than contented with how far this opportunity has brought me.
The last five years have been the most blissful years of my career, The journey has been extremely wonderful and filled with the best experiences…
Joining the mavin records family was the best thing to have happened to me in the last decade. Don Jazzy took me in and treated me like his own son. I’ll be eternally grateful to him for sacrifices he made towards the growth of my career…
Taking this bold step and moving on from Mavin Records onto bigger opportunities is something that, though not easy, is absolutely necessary because of my growth”
Know more about Reekado, share with us in the comment section.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY