Nollywood actress Oge Okoye needs little or no introduction. The Nnamdi Azikiwe University graduate was born on 16 November 1980 in London to parents Mazi Okoye and Lolo Okoye. She snagged a degree in Theatre Arts from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and is a mother of two..
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Oge Okoye:
1. She was born on 16 November 1980 in London. She is an only child.
I was over pampered as the only child. But I was not spoilt because my dad did not spare me wheneverÂ I did anything stupid. And my mum was always particular about the way I conducted myself. Such words like come on sit very well, or adjust your legs, you’re now a lady, were always coming from her. Though I felt a bit lonely as a child but growing up was fun for me.
2. Oge had her primary education at the Holy Rosary College, Enugu.
3. The actress tied the knot with her husband, Stanley Duru in 2005. They have since separated.
4. Oge bagged a degree in Theatre Arts from Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
5. She is a mother of two.
6. She snagged her first movie role while still in the university. The movie was titled ‘One Dollar.’
While I was in school. I was always going for auditions. Though it wasn’t easy, I continued until I finally got a role one day which wasn’t even a lead. I was so happy the day I announced it to anybody who cared to listen. I was like, ˜oh finally, I’m going to become an actress’. I continued getting involved in more auditions until I got a lead role in a movie.
7. She looks up to American actress, Julia Roberts, Nigeria’s Taiwo Ajai Lycett, Liz Benson, and the veteran actor Olu Jacobs.
8. She once stated in an interview that she can act nude.
Nude? Yes, I can act nude but the way our society reacts to such acts, I’m afraid I may not accept such role. I’ve not had such offers.
In an another interview, she said;
I do everything within my capacity to ensure that I perfectly interpret my roles. But one thing I cannot do is to go stark naked. But I could do other sensual roles but for nudity, I wouldn’t. Our society abhors it.
9. Her favorite dish is Semovita and Edikainkong soup.
10. Oge mentioned that her ideal man must be hardworking.
My ideal man should be hard working, must look good, and at same time have the fear of God
Know more about Oge Okoye, share with us in the comment section.