Nollywood actor Kunle Remi is described as charming by many. The talented actor since his emergence on the scene a couple of years ago has continued to prove his worth to his teeming fans.
In an interview years ago, the actor made it known that he has always wanted to act from a young age.
Yes I always wanted to be an actor… and an entertainer. I used to dance back then in University of Ibadan,. I had a group called ‘Fusion’ which was one of the top groups back then in Uni. (2007-08) I also used to coach the kids in my mother’s (Primary) school. I used to teach them drama, dance performances, poetry .. to entertain their parents for the end of year celebrations. So it has always been in me to be an actor, to entertain one day. I also used to hang out a lot with my colleagues in Theatre Arts even though I was studying Fisheries, Wildlife Management & Agricultural Science but let’s just say I had more passion for the entertainment. Film making was my call.
Here are 10 things you should know about him.
1 He was born Oyekunle Oluwaremi Opeyemi on October 18, in early 1988. Kunle was born in Benue state. His father is Engineer Joseph Ibukun Oluwaremi and his mother, a school owner, Mrs S.O Oluwaremi. He is from a family of six children.
2. He was a youth drama leader in his church in Ibadan before he left for college.
3. Kunle is from Ekiti State.
4. He started out his college education in the University of Ibadan studying Fishery and Wild Life Management but left to study Tourism and Hospitality Management at Sheffield University. Kunlealso has a degree from the New York Film Academy, Los Angeles.
5. He was stabbed by a fan in 2016. Kunle had reportedly gone out to celebrate the birthday of a friend when he met this fan mad with excitement. “While we were greeting each other ‘the accident’ happened,” he wrote on Instagram.
6. He began his acting career while in the University and by 2009, he had acted in a couple of soap operas and television shows across the country.
READ ALSO: 10 Things Everyone Should Know About Ini Edo
7. Kunle won the season 7 edition of the Gulder Ultimate Search in 2010.
8. Kunle is also a model and is part of ISIS models.
9. The actor was allege to have dated actress Adesua Etomi before hse walked down the aisle with Banky W. He however has come out to deny this. “My name is Kunle Remi and not Adesua’s ex. Some jobless people cooked up stories and sold it to other jobless people and then jobless people and commentators believed it.”
10. He has acted alongside top actor in the country.