Nigerian performer, singer and songwriter, Niniola is one act many have come to adore over the years.
The stunning Ekiti-born singer was the third runner-up during the 2013 MTN Project Fame competition. She hit the limelight with her song “Ibadi” in 2015 and has continued to top charts and hearts ever since.
On how her life changed after Project Fame, Nini in a social media post wrote;
“Preparation meets opportunity. To be honest. It just happened. It’s the grace of God but as they say, when hard work and preparation meets opportunity, it just happens. After Project Fame, I just wanted to prove myself. I knew I could sing but I just wanted more. I loved to dance and wanted to incorporate these two things. I didn’t know anybody in the industry. So, I went online in search for the best producer in Nigeria. This was in 2013. Sarz’s name kept coming up. I reached out to him and he requested that I give him a hit song. I dropped “Ibadi” and that’s how it happened. One song changed my life. I just did the song (Maradona) and knew that, like every other ones, it was good. But when we dropped it, it went boom. People and artistes from South Africa started reaching out to me.”
Here are 10 things you should know about Niniola.
.1. Born Niniola Apata on 15 December. She hails from Ekiti State, Nigeria.
2. Nini, as she is fondly called, had her secondary education at Apata Memorial High School in Lagos, Nigeria.
3. She was a member of her school’s cultural group and took part in a number of social activities.
4. Niniola, bagged a Degree in Education from the University of Lagos.
5. She came third during the 2013 edition of the MTN Project Fame competition.
6. Her biggest musical inspirations are Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Celine Dion, Dolly Parton, Madonna and The Cranberries.
7. Her first official single titled “Ibadi” was produced by Sarz and was well received by music lovers and critics as well.
8. She has snagged a number of nominations to include the Most Promising Female Artist category at the 2015 Green Awards as well as the Most Popular Song of the Year for her single “Ibadi” at the 2015 Nemawards.
9. Nini has also won a number of awards to include the Best Female Artiste of the Year award at the 2015 Surulere Entertainment Awards and also the Next Rated Female Artist award at the I.R.P.M Class of ’15 UNILAG Awards.
10. She has a scholarship program which she started in June 2015 called the “Adopt-A-Child’s-Education” project.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY