Nigerian singer Mr 2Kay born as Abinye David Jumbo in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria is one of the many artistes the country is proud to call its own. The singer broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene after the release of his hit single “Bubugaga” and has continued to churn out great music.
Here are 10 things you should know about Mr 2KAY
1. He was born Abinye David Jumbo in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
2. While growing up, he drew portraits.
3. He began his music career in Port-Harcourt and had a break out single tiled Waterboy in PH city
4. He released his hit single “Bubugaga” in 2011. The video was shot in London and directed by Nosa Igbinedion.
5. He has worked with top acts such as Seyi Shay, Patoranking, Cynthia Morgan, Big Mouf, Prince Hezekiah, Aby, Ruggedman, to mention a few.
6. He featured Seyi Shay and Cynthia Morgan in the remix of his hit single “Bad Girl Special Remix”
7. He has snagged a couple of nominations to include Diospora Artiste of the Year at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards and Best Raggae/Dancehall Single at the 2015 Headies Awards.
8. He was attacked in a hotel by thugs which was alleged to have been orchestrated by singer Burna Boy.
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About IK Ogbonna
“Yes, they have tried to get across to us, speaking to people from our families back in Rivers states, people who know us, even people who haven’t spoken to us in years. Burna Boy called me with a UK number. I picked the call and he said it was Burna and he said to me, apologising and denying that he was not the one, apologising, so its a bit funny. I don’t feel okay with that.”
9. He won the Next Rated award at the 2014 PNA Youth Awards and Artiste of the Year at the 2015 Niger Delta Advancement Awards.
10. He got into a custody battle with BBNaija ex-housemate Gifty, claiming his his the father of her baby girl.
Awww, when a true father loves his daughter, father and daughter.” He further wrote, “DNA too true to lie, way forward.”
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY