Born Laura Monyeazo Abebe on 29 July 1989 to Dr. Abebe and Dr. Lucy in England, Moet Abebe, since her emergence on the scene has proved her with as an ace OAP and actress with her uniqueness and style.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Moet Abebe:
1.She was born Laura Monyeazo Abebe on 29 July 1989 to Dr. Abebe and Dr.Lucy in England. She is the only child of her parents.
I was an only child from my mum, so I grew up mostly with my mum and grandma. My dad travelled a lot. It wasn’t really lonely because I grew up in a place where there were always kids around, so I had people to play with. But at the same time, I had the benefit of actually being on my own most times that nobody knows me better than I know myself. I feel that gave me the power and the liberty to know my strengths and weaknesses. I actually had a very happy childhood. I like my childhood because I had the opportunity to play with people around and also the time to focus on myself.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-believe-in-tasteful-nudity-moet-abebe/
2. She had her primary school at Corona School, Ikoyi, Nigeria.
3. Moet had dreams of becoming a lawyer.
4. She bagged a Law Degree from the University of Manchester.
5. She is related to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo. Her father, Dr. Abebe is the brother to Obasanjo’s late wife Stella Obasanjo.
6. She contested in the Miss UniUK 2009-2010 beauty and brains pageant and was among the top
7. She has appeared in some Nigerian music videos to include “Alabukun” by Lynxxx featuring Banky W, “Getting you” by Show Dem Camps and “Pakurumo” by Wizkid.
8. Her journey into the media industry in Nigeria started 3 months after she returned to Nigeria. She attended an audition for Soundcity TV and was picked as a Tv Presenter and Producer.
9. She is not one scared to show major skin as she believes in tasteful nudity.
No. Take Lupita’s role in the movie ‘Twelve years a slave’ for instance. That’s literally adapting yourself to the role and whatever happened was necessary like what she went through, as opposed to just being naked for fun. So, if it’s tasteful and meaningful, why not? But I’m not going butt-naked. There are limits.
10. In early 2015, she got engaged to her long term boyfriend, Chris.
On her kind of man, she revealed in an interview that he has to be hardworking.
Hardworking. I don’t necessarily want to date anyone in the industry. I don’t judge people that do. But for me and the type of commitment I’m looking for, if I’m to get into a relationship, I’m intending to get married to the person. So I need someone that’s really focused and fully committed. I’m not really about the physical appearance, I’m more concerned about what you’re bringing to the table as regards my future, children’s future and all. Basically, I want someone who’s hardworking, has his head screwed up properly, who’s making his money and is basically responsible.
Know more about Moet, share with us in the comment section.