He is one of the top music producers the country has and since hitting the limelight has continued to churn out hits. Masterkraft born Sunday Ginikachukwu Nweke in Ajegunle, Nigeria is a great music producer who many hit songs to his credit.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about him
1. He was born Sunday Ginikachukwu Nweke in Ajegunle, Nigeria.
2. A governor in Nigeria granted him a scholarship due to his excellence in education.
3. His parents were about him owning a shop at Idumuta Medicine Market in Lagos, but he decided against it.
4. Masterkraft had his secondary education at United Christian Secondary School in Apapa. He dreamt of being an accountant.
5. His journey into music started with him playing the keyboard and piano for different bands. His career in the industry received a boost after he met with the Nigerian producer, Kenny Ogungbe who also signed him to Kennis music
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About IK Ogbonna
6. He has worked with top acts such as Banky W, 2face Idibia, Olamide, Timaya, flavour N’abania, CDQ, Jaywon and Wizkid to name a few.
7. Singer Flavour N’abania gifted him a 2010 Toyota Camry automobile as a form of appreciation for all he has done for the latter.
8.Masterkraft also worked closely with Kennis Music and EME artists in the last couple of years.
“The turning point in my life came after I produced a song and they wanted to feature a rapper on it. They called MI and after he listened to it, he asked for the producer. He did not even believe that the song was produced in Nigeria. He later asked after me and when we met, he asked once more if I produced the song or copied it. At that point, I had to open my computer and show him my files.
“Instantly, he called Banky W who called me immediately but I did not have his number, so I did not pick the call because they were recording and I did not want to disrupt the session.
“A text message later came in stating that it was Banky W. It was an exciting moment for me and I remember that I ran out of the studio to the gate like four times just to get myself together and I called the number back. To my surprise, it was Banky W and he was asking for the address of my studio with the promise of showing up the next day.
“True to his word, he came the next day, we sat down and he gave me an idea of the kind of song he wanted to release. In less than 30 minutes, I had produced the song. Banky was so much in awe that he told me that he had been in the state for years and had never had that type of result or sound. He said that for what I had done, he would make sure my name was everywhere and I got the first and second slot on his album. That was how I made it to his album.
“The next thing was that I saw myself in the newspapers and it was Banky W that made it happen. That was a major turning point in my life. Shortly after I worked for his record label, EME, and I was the vocal coach for Wizkid and Skales at the time,” he said.
9. He produced Wizkid song “No Lele”, Goldie’s single titled “Jawo”, Jaywon’s single titled “Filebe” and Sound Sultan featuring Banky W song titled “Very Good Bad Guy”.
10. He is the mentor of rapper CDQ.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY