He hit the limelight after he snagged a record deal with Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records and even after laving the label, has continued to churn out great music.
Speaking on his style of music in an interview, the singer said;
READ ALSO: 10 Things you Should Know About Tekno
You see, my style of music is called ‘sweet music,’ not R&B, not hip-hop; I do ‘sweet music.’ And I am saying this because I don’t see music by how it sounds. The content of the message also defines my type of music. So I am not restricted to doing R&B or Afro pop or dancehall. If you listen to Godwin it is different from Cold Outside, different from African Princess. African Princess is R&B/Jazz/Afro-soul; while Cold Outside is Pop/R&B/Afro pop and Godwin is High-life. For me, it is the message at the end of the day. Whether it preaches love and peace, music is expression and the message in your expression is all that matters.
On challenges he faced before he became known, he said in the interview that;
I encountered many but I am very thankful to God that everyone of them has been a lesson that is even helping me now, especially on a bigger platform. It made me more mature. I see all those challenges as a blessing. I don’t see it as a barrier or limitation, it is an opportunity to prepare you going further and doing exploits.
We know you are excited already, so here are 10 things you should know about Korede Bello
1. He was born on the 29th of February 1996 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He studied Mass Communication at the Nigerian Institute of Journalism.
3. He became fan favorite after making an appearance on the smash hit “Dorobucci”
4. He snagged a record deal with Marvin Records on February 2014 and released a couple of hits while under the label.
5. He has since snagged many nominations as well as awards to include Song of the Year award at the 4th Annual Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards in Houston.
6. The singer mentioned in an interview that Asa and 2Face inspire him.
7. He has worked with top acts like Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, Reekado Banks, Di’Ja and Da Prince.
8. He was named an ambassador for one of Africa’s Mobile telecom Giants, Glo in 2015.
9. Mr. Bello has also worked with some non-profit organizations like, Cancer Awareness Projects, Mental Health, amongst others.
10. He always wanted to be an accountant or a footballer.