She is a dance queen who since hitting our screens many years ago has continued to churn out entertaining moves and concepts for all her fans.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about dance queen Kaffy.
- Her real name is Kafayat Oluwatoyin Shafau and she was born on June 30, 198o.
- She attended Chrisland School, Opebi for her Primary education before heading to Coker Secondary School, Orile-Iganmu. Kaffy then attended Yaba College of Technology, for a bit before bagging a diploma in data processing from Olabisi Onabanjo University. In an interview she said; ”I had to give up finishing my degree program. That did not mean I stopped getting education because I was taking online courses. It was not as if I was not intelligent to go on with my studies but I had to let it go to focus on my career. The education I had at that moment was enough to pull me through my career choice at that point in my life. But I never stopped getting information. Information is what sets you apart.”
- She wanted to become an aeronautic engineer but her love for dance took over.“For me, dance has never always been what I would have thought would put me on this platform. I had always wanted to be an Aeronautic Engineer; I loved science and Math so much, in fact, the harder the maths the more I fell in love.
“So why I was planning to be an Engineer was because I said I want to do something that will shake humanity coupled with the fact that they were no female aeronautics engineer at that time.
“But my aspiration as an Engineer never changed because I dived into dance but I was more inspired at how much I can give back to humanity as a dancer so life just happened,”
- She broke the Guinness World Record for “Longest Dance Party” at the Nokia Silverbird Danceathon in 2006.
- She started dancing professionally in 2002. In her words; ”My first deal happened in 2002 and in a month, I was already doing videos and shows professionally. An MTN dance show was going on then and someone who saw me on a video told them that I was worth being one of their choreographers. When they approached me, I never had a packaged video to show to them but I assured them that I knew what I could offer. They gave me their trust and I was awarded the contract to be their choreographer. In other words, I landed that major contract in more than two months of having danced professionally.”
- In 2017, Kaffy created ‘The Dance Workshop ‘ which is a dance convention that heps train and mentor professional dancers.
- Kaffy married her beau Joseph Ameh in 2012 and the couple have two kids togetehr
- She has battled depression and once spoke about it. ‘
Please DO NOT BE PRESSURED. A lot is a lie. A lot is a manifestation of what they want to be. A lot is from insecurities. A lot is from depression, not all smiley faces are happy faces. Depression is real too many lives lost. I faced depression I battled it and I won. You can win. First thing to do is not to let people define your happiness. We all have our races, our paths are different, first to do no mean last man standing o. “If anyone run past u, do better than you or have anything u want and don’t have, just wave and say “I will catch up” see ya later”. Your process is important don’t be in a hurry if u do you would lose the ammunition, the instruments u need to sustain the greatness and happiness you pursue. #kaffynodeylookyatime #kaffygoneedyadime.’
- She has snagged a couple of awards to include 2015 The Beatz Award for Best Choreographer Of The Year.
- She has appeared in so many videos by top acts in and out of Nigeria
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY