Born Panshak Henri Zamani, rapper Ice Prince (born 23 October 1986) has since his emergence on the scene churned out hits upon hits. He has also won several awards and now owns his own record label.
The rapper who as signed o Chocolate City left after 8 years and according to him, he left because;
“I’ve been in Chocolate city since 2008, i’m not going to be baby-sitted for the rest of my life, i grew up at some point. Leaving Chocolate city was not about money, it had nothing to do with money, if you have noticed you’ll never hear anything about me having issues with them, it was never about money, i was a baby with Chocolate City, now i’m a man on my own”.
“I have full support, full love, full everything from Chocolate city, I was brought up by a rap god, Choc boys including Jesse Jagz, me and MI will always be a family, a team. MI and Ice Prince are blood brothers like this, before MI signs a new artiste, he consults me and i do same till today.
“I’m going to drop an album this year by God’s grace and MI is going to be on it, and you will hear more music with us together” .
Here are 10 things you should know about Ice Prince
1. The rapper was born in Jos, Plateau State as Panshak Henri Zamani. Ice Prince was born on 30 October 1986.
2. He gained admission into the University of Jos to study Zoology but was unable to attend due to financial constraints.
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About DJ Spinall
“First of all, this book is dedicated to everyone who loves Ice Prince, everyone who looks up to him or wants to be better than him. There are certain little details you probably won’t know about me. You probably won’t know I dropped out of school for some N20,000 back in the days. Growing up in Jos at some point, I had to make palm sandals and be a table attendant to survive. Little things like that and more are detailed in this book.”
3. He was a choir member at a local church choir and had his first-ever romantic kiss when he was 13.
4. He was sexually abused at a tender age.
But Rache wants more beach time, and she likes it as I hear nothing more when her dad goes…so…..“It wasn’t a good experience at all. I was scared, very scared. I saw hell. It was a terrible experience. I am not excited talking about it at all. Sex is not that good. I think sex is over-rated. I don’t know.
“She just came into my room and just forced me to do it with her… Oh, let’s not talk about it. I was so young and innocent. But she made me lose my innocence. The woman is still alive. I don’t think I have even seen her since then.”
5.He joined the group“Ecomog Squad” in 2002. In 2004, Ice Prince met with M.I, Jesse Jagz, Ruby, Lindsey, Eve, Taz, and they became the “Loopy Crew”.
6. He lost both his parents in 1999.
7. Ice Prince emerged winner of the Hennessy Artistry Club Tour in 2009.
8. He hit the limelight in 2010 with his hit ash track “Oleku”.
9. He became the Vice-Chairman of Chocolate City Records on the 1st of July 2015.
10. He has a son Jamal with Bimbo Babatunde.