He needs little or no introduction in the movie industry.
Yoruba actor Funsho Adeolu since his emergence on the scene has remained relevant and continued to produce really entertaining and educating movies.
Here are 10 things you should know about the actor.
- He was born Funsho Adeolu on May 9, 1968, in Ondo State and attended Baptist academy
- He is a chorister and has been in the church choir since 1982. “I have been in the choir since 1982. I have never been the kind of person that would attend a church service and just sit down; I have never been that kind of person. I have always been active in the church. Funnily, I do not do drama in church because they do not do it professionally; they just do it anyhow.’
- He studied Guidance and Counselling in the university. In an interview with the Nation he said; ‘ I was just joking. I went through nursery school in Surulere as well as I went to Lady Lak Primary School at Ebute Meta. After then, I went to Ansaru deen College, Isolo, for my O’levels. Then I did my A’levels, which was HSC (Higher School Certificate) then at Baptist Academy. After that, I did a little of journalism and some other crash courses. After that, I went to Ondo State University to study Guidance and Counselling.’
- He started his acting career as a stage actor. ‘My acting career started with Antar Laniyan and a group in FESTAC. It was Antar Laniyan who came up to train us at that time. I started as a stage actor before I went to T.V.’
- He is married to Mrs Victoria and they have 2 sons. ‘Actually, it was not easy to manage home with my profession but I try my best. My wife is very understanding and I too make sure that anytime I’m not on set, I stay in the house with them and I always go out with them – my family; wife and the children’
- He has acted in over a 100 movies and starred in many others.
- He has acted alongside top stars such as Funke Akindele-Bello, Faithia Balogun, Mercy AIgbe, to mention a few
- He is a lover of any good music that teaches morals. ‘I like any good music that teaches morals. I like Shola Allyson, Asa, I like Simi and the husband (Adekunle Gold) and I like Lagbaja too.’
- He has been nominated for a coup,e of awards and won some.
- He loves beans and bread alot.