She is a veteran who has earned her spot in hearts an homes with her amazing movies.
Actress Fathia Balogun needs little or no introduction in the entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you should know about Fathia Balogun
1. Fathia Balogun was born on 5 February 1969. She hails from Delta State, Nigeria and was born into a polygamous family of nine.
2. Fathia had her primary and secondary education at Maryland Primary School and Maryland Comprehensive High School in Lagos, Nigeria.
3. She bagged a diploma certificate from the Kwara State Polytechnic.
4. She joined Nollywood while in Kwara state University.
I was a student of the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin and I came home for a brief vacation. One day, my late foster brother, Fatai Teniola, was waiting for one of his casts to show up for a movie production. When the actress didn’t come, he and Kokonsari asked me if I could play the role. I replied that I couldn’t and that I was not even interested in acting. However, after much pleading, I decided to do it. I went back to school after that and I didn’t return for a long time so I forgot all about acting because it wasn’t in my plans. As of then, I was studying for a diploma in Law, with the intention of switching over to accounting because my father really wanted me to become an accountant. But I didn’t get admission to study accounting because I wasn’t good at mathematics. After school, I didn’t have anything to do, so I joined my foster brother’s production outfit and that was how it started. I then realized that it was something I enjoyed and I decided to go with the flow. Because I began to enjoy acting, I didn’t go back to school for my Higher National Diploma. That was when it occurred to me that I could take it up as a sustainable career. I rose fast in the movie industry because as of the time I joined, there weren’t too many actresses in the industry and I was getting ample jobs. However, after few years of acting, I traveled to the United Kingdom.
5. Fathia snagged the Africa Movie Academy Award for the Most Outstanding Actress Indigenous in 2008. Her movie “Iranse Aje” also won the best indigenous film of the year.
6. She won the Africa Movie Academy Award, for the best actress category in 2014.
7. Fathia also won the award for the Best Indigenous Language: Yoruba award for the film, Iya Alalake at the 2015 Africa-Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards AMVCA.
8. She was formerly married to the veteran Nollywood actor, Saheed Balogun.
9. She has produced and starred in a couple of hit movies since joining the movie world.
10. She speaks Yoruba, Pidgin English and Urhobo fluently.
Do you know more about Fathia Balogun, share with us in the comment section.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY