She turned 50 today August 11, 2019, and yes, we just must celebrate star actress Ayo Adesanya.
The actress was born on August 1969 and hails from Ogun state. Since her emergence on the scene, she has gone on to star in over 100 movies.
Here are 10 things you should know about Ayo Adesanya.
- She was born 11 August 1969 and hails from Ijagun, Ijebu in Ogun State and comes from a family of 4. ‘I come from a family of four children. I had two brothers and a cousin and we grew up together. My father was quite comfortable when we were young although he died at the age of 44 . I was about 19 years at that time, and I was still in the University. So, we had to live with my mother and she’d been so supportive. She’s my all in all.’
- She attended St. Ann School in Ibadan and bagged a degree in Mass communication from the University of Ibadan.
- Ayo Adesanya joined Nollywood in1996 after completing the National Youth Service Scheme. ‘There’s this guy, Ifeanyi, he works with NTA International now. After my NYSC, I started working with Potson Nigeria Limited. So there was one time I had a break from there. So I wanted to go into TV from there. So I went for an interview and met him. We got talking and he invited me for an audition. I got interested, and before then, I used to act in my nursery school in Ibadan. Even during my secondary school days, I used to be part of our drama group. Thereafter I relocated to Lagos and continued to act in my church. That was when I met Ifeanyi who introduced me to Zeb Ejiro. Zeb was about producing his “Mortal Inheritance” movie and I took part in the audition. But I remember vividly that when they gave me the script, I was just shouting. Eventually, they gave me a waka-pass role but I didn’t go back there. But I saw my name on the list.
- She was paid N3000 for her first movie role. ‘The same Ifeanyi later introduced me to Opa William and he asked me to do a piece which I did. He was impressed. So, he gave me a minor role in Onome, and he paid me N3000. I was so happy that I could earn that kind of money for just a minor role. From there, I started going for auditions and did Abused, Omotola was part of it and Kesi Jabari and others and they paid me. Then I did Palace by Tunji Bamisigbin . Then, I did Dry Leafs, Most Wanted, so it was from one location to another. That was how I had my breakthrough in the industry.’
- She married Goriola Hassan with whom she has a son. The couple ended things 8 years after getting together.
- She has acted alongside tiop movie stars like Faithia Balogun, Funke Akindele amongst many others.
- She has been nominated for a couple of awards and won some to include; Best Supporting Actress at the Africa Movie Academy Awards, Most Prominent Actress in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards and Best Actress in Drama at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice
- She believes in prayers. ‘I just realized that unlike the normal saying; it’s all about good over evil. But then, there’s something else I realized; there are so many troubles in the world. My own number one solution to these problems would still be prayers. And I knew that even right from scratch, and a lot of movies too testify to that fact that you just have to depend on God when in need of certain things.’
- She likes to dress sexily. ‘My mood determines what I wear. If I discover that something will look good on me, I’ll definitely go for it. The job I do also dictates how I dress. When I am at home, I like to be comfortable, so I opt for skimpy fashion. When I go out, what I wear depends on the function I am attending. However, I like to wear what is appropriate and it has to be sexy.’
- She is a producer and scriptwriter and has produced a number of movies.
Should you know more, share with us in the comment section.