Since her emergence on the movie scene a few years ago, Adesua Etomi has remained a force to reckon with in the movie world.
Adesua who joined the movie world in 2014 with the movie ‘Knocking On Heaven’s Door’ in an interview revealed her strategy before joining Nollywood.
In her words;
I didn’t come here thinking I am going to meet this person and meet that person, my strategy was prayer and divine connections. That was what I was going for, I wasn’t trying to look for who was going to help me or give me a handout. I knew what I wanted to become and I didn’t know how I wanted to get there but I knew the things I didn’t want to do to get there. I knew there were certain things that were associated with success and that’s preparation, staying prepared, keeping the work at the forefront of everything that I do.
The actress who made massive news after starring in the hit movie The Wedding Party also spoke on how she got the role saying;
I auditioned just like everybody else. On the first day I came for the audition I read with three guys, so that’s three different stages then on my fourth audition stage I had to read with Banky and that’s when I got the role and that was when he got the role too because he went through the audition process as well. He had to read with myself and someone else before they finally decided on myself and him for the final pick.
Here are 10 things yiu should know about the actress.
1. She was born Tolulope Adesua Etomi
2. Adesua was born on February 22, 1988
3. She is the last of three kids and was born in Owerri. Her father was a Soldier while her mum was a Civil Engineer.
4. Her first stint in acting was at the age seven when she joined a drama club at her primary school, Corona School Victoria Island.
5. Adesua moved to the United Kingdom at the age of 13.
6. She has Diplomas in Performing Arts, Musical & Physical Theatre from The City College in Coventry, the United Kingdom circa 2004.
7. She bagged a First Class Honors degree from The University of Wolverhampton, U.K in 2009.
8. Her first-ever movie was in Emem Isong’s Knocking On Heaven’s Door.
9. She snagged the award for Best Actress in a Drama at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA) in 2016
10. She has starred in a couple of movies to include; Call, Brave, Falling, A Soldier’s Story, Out Of Luck, Couple Of Days, And The Spirit Slowly Dies, The Arbitration,Ayamma: Music In The Desert and The Wedding Party.