Kehinde Bankole is a Nigerian TV host, model and actress. She is the fourth child in a family of six. and broke into limelight in 2003. Bankole has participated in a few beauty pageants to include 2013 Miss Commonwealth Nigeria beauty contest. She won the revelation of the year award at 2009 Best of Nollywood Awards.
On why she stuck with acting instead of modelling, Kehinde revealed that she was not making as much money as she would want in modelling.
I decided to focus on acting at the moment because from modeling, I was not making as much money and gaining as much exposure as I would have wanted, except in the area of endorsement. Modeling wasn’t fetching me as much as I wanted. I am good at what I do, so I wanted something that will give me visibility and also fetch me good money. That’s why I decided to focus on acting. I chose acting over music in the last two years because these are two things that I am equally passionate about, and to combine the two would be very difficult, so I decided to push one forward first. When that is established, then I can focus on the other one. I didn’t want to carry everything at the same time. Hence I decided to go for acting first.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/sexual-sensual-relevance-matters-kehinde-bankole/
Here are 10 things you should know about Kehinde Bankole.
1. Kehinde is the fourth child in a family of six and is a twin. Her twin sister sometimes dabbles into acting.
2. Kehinde had her primary education at Tunwase Nursery and Primary School in Ikeja.
3. She gained admission to study Mass Communication at Olabisi Onabanjo University but dropped out to focus on her modelling career.
4. Kehinde auditioned for the Commonwealth Nigeria pageant in 2003, she did not win but made it to the top ten.
5. The actress also auditioned for the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria but did not make it to top five.
6. Following the end of her contract with Genevieve Nnaji expired as a Lux ambassador, Kehinde alongside Sylvia Udeogu and Olaide Olaogun became the new face of Lux in 2007.
7. She made her acting debut in the family drama, Super story: Everything it Takes.
8. She has also starred in other Wale Adenuga’s productions like Papa Ajasco and This Life.
9. She hosts daytime talk shows including “Soul Sisters” and “African Kitchen”.
10. Kehinde has alo been nominated for a couple of awards to include TV Actress of the Year at the 2014 ELOY Awards.